History

1956 – Shepard Steel starts as an East Hartford scrap dealer in 1,500 sq. ft. facility

1959 – Shepard Steel is incorporated in the State of Connecticut

1964 – Company moves into current Hartford location: 20 employees, 2,300 sq. ft. office, 7,500 sq. ft. shop

1968 – Major expansion of Hartford facility: 6,000 sq. ft. office, 47,000 sq. ft. shop

1972 – Miscellaneous metals division expanded to current 55,000 sq. ft. Newington, CT facility

1972 – Shepard Steel employs more than 100 people

1986 – Major expansion and shop equipment modernization (CNC fabrication processing equipment) undertaken, adding an additional 30,000 sq. ft. to shop and 7,500 sq. ft. to office

2005 – Major upgrade of fabrication equipment including new Peddinghaus Plate Duplicator, Peddinghaus Anglemaster, Peddinghaus Band Saw and Voortman 3-Spindle Drill.

2006 – Shepard Steel Celebrates it’s 50th Anniversary

2012 – Another major upgrade of fabrication equipment, including Voortman’s V808 coping machine, VSB 1500 Shot Blast, and 505 Anglemaster

2016 – Shepard Steel Celebrates it’s 60th Anniversary

2016 – Purchases new Voortman drill/ sawline VB 1250, along with a complete upgrade of the conveyer systems.